What does an Account Manager do?
An Account Manager is essentially the person that manages the relationship between a supplier or brand and the retailer. Usually working to targets, it sits within the sales team.
What experience do you need for an Account Manager role?
Experience required can differ from job to job, so If you’ve got your eye on a particular role or company that you’ve spotted on our website, we’ll be able to clarify what will be expected. You can take a look at the Account Manager jobs we’re working on at the moment here, to get an idea of experience required.
The responsibilities of an Account Manager can include:
- Seeking out new opportunities with Retailers in the UK (or globally) and maximising opportunity
- Speaking with/ visiting new and existing customers to discuss their requirements and to talk through the ranges with them
- Maintaining a strong relationship with your customers making sure that they increase spend year on year
- Managing and developing International relationships with distributors, agents and retailers
- Attending company meetings providing full sales overview
- Taking full account management responsibility once orders have been placed
- Taking ownership of the forecasting and budgeting on the account, working closely with in-house stock team
- Working with the product development team on new ranges
- Working collaboratively with the in-house product, design team, ensuring product ranges are sold into the right retailers to suit the brand
- Attending customer meetings; presenting new ranges and identifying new business opportunities
- Cost price and trading term negotiation
- Organising and Attending trade shows
Does this sound like the right role for you? Take a look at our current Account Manager roles in London here or email us with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.