National / Key Account Manager, leading consumer brand! £45,000 + bonus, London, 9am-5pm
British brand that supplies their beauty and wellness products to leading, much-loved retailers worldwide including Boots, ASOS and Paperchase, is seeking a National / Key Account Manager to join their sales team.
You will manage and develop existing wholesale accounts, whilst expanding their customer base in line with the company’s sales strategy. To be successful in this role you must have wholesale sales experience, preferably within the home, fashion, beauty or gift industries.
The successful candidate will be positive and enthusiastic, with an entrepreneurial approach. Could you be the new team member they are seeking?
A typical day as National / Key Account Manager will:
- Give exceptional customer service at all times, delivering the brand message, and ensuring a positive customer experience.
- Manage and develop the existing accounts, maximising revenue by identifying any new sales avenues, opportunities to upsell, etc.
- Grow and expand the existing account base, in line with the business sales strategy.
- Project manage bespoke orders from accounts, having a full understating of customers’ requirements, target margins, etc.
- Communicate with the Merchandise, PD, Design, & Marketing teams, giving customer feedback on any missed opportunities, winners, emerging trends, etc.
- Develop sales promotions with accounts as required, including any business stock clearance projects.
- Liaise with internal departments to ensure customers’ orders are accurate, delivered on time and to requirements.
- Maintain and update relevant sales orders, customer details etc, on the CRM, ensuring it is accurate at all times.
- Create and present figures and forecasts for sales meetings as required.
- Attendance at trade shows as required.
Experience and requirements for this National / Key Account Manager role include:
- 4+ years’ Account Management experience within a wholesale environment.
- A thorough understanding of the wholesale / retail relationship, including retailer trading terms, budgets, margin requirements, payment terms, etc.
- Experience within the gift, home or fashion or beauty industry desirable.
- A passionate, driven individual.
- Thrives in fast-paced role and busy working environment.
- An excellent negotiator, with a talent for building strong customer relationships.
- Excellent telephone manner, good vocabulary and literacy skills.
- Numeric, an excellent communicator and strong team player.
- Strong organisation skills, with a good attention to detail.
- Commercially & trend aware.